4.27.2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

The more I write the more I discover I have a lot of  "favorite" things.  

Early in 2007 (a really long time ago in fashion years), I bought an adorable white Ella Moss mini dress.  It definitely had it's moment in the sun as one of my favs.  It was always too short for me to really wear as a dress, so I wore it over leggings or skinny jeans.  


One day, I wore it over a new pair of Citizens of Humanity skinny jeans.  Big mistake.  The dark blue denim and the white cotton lining battled it out all day and when I took the dress off at night, the inside was stained "Aw Shit Indigo"  (I might submit that color name to Crayola).  

Dry cleaning did nothing to fix the color transfer, so I resorted to laundering it myself.  In one wash the blue stain disappeared, but at a hefty cost.  My darling Ella Moss dress shrunk.  Now it was, without question, only a cute top.

I thought about replacing the damaged dress by purchasing another, but had a hard time finding it in stores.  Assuming I was meant to move on, I stopped searching for a replacement.  

Fast forward to last week.  While wandering aimlessly around Bloomingdale's, I came upon MY DRESS!  The exact same white Ella Moss dress-turned-shirt I so loved.  

This season, she is doing it in several colors - White, Black, Pomegranate, Lagoon (teal) and Chamomile (yellow)!


Ella Moss Corsica Dress ($162)

Photos: shopbop.com

No comments: