4.23.2008

E.vil Excursion


An Earth Day field trip to Fred Segal in Santa Monica proved to be simply enlightening.  Not only did I score a great aubergine tent dress (to be belted, of course) and fiery red top by Frenzii, I also discovered a fantastic style of hat for we smaller-headed people, and stumbled upon a cheeky event celebrating eco-friendly fashion.

First up was the hat department.  Designer Odd Molly created an adorable 20's inspired crochet hat for their Summer 2008 collection.  I fell in love with the "Smallville Sunhat" in grey as soon as I saw it on the shelf.  Assuming it wouldn't fit me (my only baseball hat is size "youth"), I walked away until Lauri of Fred Segal Hats stopped me and insisted I try it on.  Not only did it fit, I learned that other hats inspired by 1920's style tended to fit me too!  So, proud owner of my first non-weather related hat, I am now transitioning into becoming a hat person.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to explore this whole new world.  (Note: The photo does not show the adorable and perfect purple bow on the back.)


Then came the clothing shopping, where I found two great summer pieces by Frenzii.  This was no small feat, mind you, amidst the dimmed lights, DJ-pumping music and groups of rhinestone-encrusted t-shirt wearing employees gathered around cocktail tables covered with pretty beverages.  Although it was a challenge, I was happy to shop during the set-up for a Heal the Bay benefit thrown by fashion line Queen of e.vil and Svedka Vodka.  


Photos: pictopia.com, oddmolly.com, bizbash.com